By now we have all heard the hype about prepping and priming before makeup. Think about a building being constructed, how important is a solid foundation? I’d say Very! The same analogy goes for your face; the more you take the time and right products to prepare your skin, the better the application, longevity, and overall appearance of your makeup.
Today, I will share some of my favorite products for facial care. Some items may be a splurge, but some are definitely budget-friendly! Let’s get into it!
- Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Brightening Scrub
- St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Foaming Scrub
- Cetaphin Daily Face Wash for Normal to Oily Skin - A staple in my bathroom. I love how soft and clean this makes my face feel!
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple - Use creamy face washes/cleansers (rich in moisture) for dry skin. Find Philosophy products at Sephora.
- Olay Foaming Face wash - Great and affordable for sensitive skin
- Pond’s gentle face wash – Normal or Dry Skin
- DDF Glycolic 10% Toning Complex – Great for Oily or Combination skin. Certainly a splurge but its resulting refreshing and soft skin are worth it! Find at Ulta stores or DDF website.
- Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner – Best for Dry to Sensitive skin.
- Kiehl's Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-Free Toner – Another one of my favs! Mild and soothing.
- Clean and Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent – Great for oily and/or acne prone skin.
Moisturizers: Day and Night! Don’t skip this. This is one of the best things you can do to keep your skin hydrated and healthy. If your feel skins tight, you might want to get to moisturizing asap. Please note that hydration does not mean layering oil. Pick the best option for your skin type.
- La Mer Moisturizing Cream - Serious Splurge. Feel free to go this route if your wallet so allows. La Mer is the cream of celebs, a revolutionary mixture of sea kelp and essential vitamins and minerals that dates back to the 70s. The justification of the high price has been because of the long and arduous labor/production that goes into making what is now widely considered to be a luxury product. I have not found it to be a necessity, BUT, I’ll take a jar too while you’re there!
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizer - This is a more realistic Splurge - and I love Kiehl’s products. It is very emollient with a soft scent and I love how my skin feels in the morning. A little goes a long way so this will definitely last a while.
- Cetaphil Moisturizer is a great one for oily skin. Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer is great for dry skin. Boots is a UK based pharmacy and beauty group whose beauty products are peeking my interest lately; check out Boots moisturizing Day Cream at Target.
MoJohnson Makeup Artistry - FB