Happy February everyone! I just realized, I really love the month of February. February is all about love. Love of family, friends, and your mate. February is also about black history; the love and celebration of culture is another way to love yourself. That's why I decided to compile a list of 15 ways to #TreatYOSelf this Valentine's Day. This list contains businesses and products minority and women entrepreneurs.What a better way to treat yourself and support small businesses. So, let's get started!
|This is not a sponsored post, although some links are affiliate links through Amazon|
|Black-owned beauty company, Blu Artistry's NEW Highlights|
Health & Beauty - Of course, when it's time to Treat Yo'Self, you can start with your body. Check out some of my favorite ways to treat myself.
- Kiia Bath & Beauty - I've been a longtime supporter of this handmade bath & body supplier. The products are made here in Nashville. My ultimate favorite is the Essence Body Mist. You can use it all over and it's great for sensitive skin. Oh yeah, it smells AMAZING!
- Blu Artistry Make-up - Celebrity Make-up Artist and Nashville resident, Nikki Campbell has been slaying faces for more than 10 years. This month, she launched her very own line of highlighters to help you GLOW! Why not give it a try?
- One Drop Ink Tattoo Parlour - I'm a tattoo connoisseur! That's why I was so happy to find One Drop Ink. One Drop Ink is owned and operated by Elisheba. It's the only black owned & woman owned tattoo shop in the city. This month, they are offering a $30 Black History Month tattoo special. Walk-in welcomed! Check it.
- Nail'd By Tammy - Every girl needs a good pedicure & manicure. Tamara of Nail'd by Tammy is one of the best in the city. Her salon-suite, appointment only services allow for you to have a relaxing experience and leave with amazing nails.
|This is one of my FAVE books, I read it often!|
Books & Learning - Another great way to #TreatYoSelf this Valentine's is to learn a new skill or brush up on some old skills. Below, I spotlight a couple books and couple classes to help you feel better an know more.
- Original Millennial by Aerial Ellis - Nashville based author, speaker, and educator has written a book on leadership for today's generation. The book will teach you how to be a leader in a world of Baby Boomers who think you can't do it. Get this book.
- $50 Style Session with FabGlance - Why not book me to update your style! I can come to your home or we can do a shopping trip. Click the link for more details.
- Personal Style DEFINED - My personal style class at Nashville Community Education is always anticipated and commonly sells out. This year's class at Cohn Adult, is a 4 week session, starting Feb 28th, 6pm. What you don't get in the Style sessions, you get in this 4 week class! Come DEFINE your personal style.
- The Five Love Languages for Singles - This book will help you learn how to be a better partner when your time comes. Why not be ready with better communication skills and even better love exchanging skills? Get this book.
|Connie Cakes is delivering homemade treats for your Valentine's Day feast|
Food & Treats - What's Valentine's Day without food! Whether you order some treats for the office or just for yourself, I guarantee the following businesses won't do you wrong.
- Connie Cakes - Connie Cakes is a dessert catering company that bakes and decorates gourmet home-style cakes, cupcakes and desserts for any and every occasion. The company is hosting a Valentine's Day menu that will make your mouth water. Delivery is available.
- Sweet T's Edibles - Listen, if you haven't had a STRAWBERRY CRUNCH covered strawberry from Sweet T's, you living life WRONG!
- Southern V - The Southern V is Nashville's newest Vegan/Vegetarian spot. This black-owned establishment commonly sells out every weekend because the food has been certified TASTY! Even the biggest carnivores love this place. Three words: Vegan Chicken & Waffles! RIGHT?!
- Cupcake Collection - Of course, you can treat yourself to a couple cupcakes from The Cupcake Collection! For less than $10 you can feel good and have a tasty treat.
- The Stiletto Chef - Shovann Backus is a self-taught chef who has been featured on television preparing her delicious and healthy meals. Call The Stiletto Chef to fix you a great meal, or purchase her premium spices to cook yourself a tasty Valentine's meal.
|This project is guaranteed to make you feel GOOD! BUY here!|
Music & Movies - Once you order your treats, the best way to continue spoiling yourself on your special day is by watching your fave movies and listening to some new music.
- Let Them Fall in Love by CeCe Winans - The title alone speaks for itself. CeCe Winans new project is an amazing anthem for love and light. This inspired project will have you dancing around the living room and thanking God for brighter days.
- Try Amazon Music Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial - Want to stream your fave songs, try Amazon Music FREE for the next 30 days! I guarantee, you'll be addicted.
- Join HBO Free Trial - In addition, go ahead and get this HBO GO free trial too! If you are gonna treat yourself, why not do it for free.
- Shop Amazon - Valentine's Day
|Put a little LOVE in your home - click here|
Clothes and STUFF . . . - These extra additions for Treat Yo Self day are affordable and fun. Click around for examples.
- Leisure & Labels - This Nashville based luxury consignment shop will have you looking super fly for your special day. Purses, accessories, and shoes always make a girl feel better. Check out this amazing online luxury destination. Oh yeah, it woman owned.
- Boutique J. Renee - The online retailer, is owned by Nashville entreprenuer J. Renee. Her boutique offers trend, yet classy looks, perfect for date night, girls night out, and just looking cute. Oh yeah, she has PLUS-SIZE looks too!
- Violet Flower Boutique - Another online retailer, based in Nashville, this fashion forward boutique feature hard-to-find pieces and a style CONCIERGE! Yes, girl, they'll bring it to you! What a great way to #TreatYoSelf
- Affordable Flowers - I love buying flowers for myself and Amazon makes it easy. Click the link to order some flowers and make yourself your own Valentine.
- Battery Operated LOVE sign - Why not bring love into your home with this cute LOVE sign. This is not the day to mope around, this is the day to realize you are more blessed than ever.